Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why is the horde at Alexandria?

Discussion in 'Episode 605 - Now' started by MaccDuff, Nov 9, 2015.

1. MaccDuff

MaccDuff Member

Okay, half the horde.

They heard the truck horn go off for a few minutes from some distance away. Yet even when it stops, the entire horde keeps walking right up to the walls - and then just stays there. The horde is mindless. They can't see anything inside. (The points about Rick's shouted speech about keeping quiet and the sentinels standing on the wall in full view are on point.)

If a sound from so far away will draw them, how to deal with them should be pretty obvious. You can hear gun shots much farther away than a horn.

BTW, Alexandria only having one gate (besides the secret one that Aaron told no one about) is really dumb. Maybe the Alexandrians didn't see this, but surely Rick and crew would have addressed it. A couple tunnels under the wall with a hidden or locked openings would be a lifesavers. And don't forget that Enid can get in and out at will.

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Because the herd knows Deanna is a liberal and they're looking for handouts. :zombies_lol:

3. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Once walkers are attracted by something, they will go or stay there.
    They might even forget what the heck they're doing in the first place, but they're there.
    Until they have another reason to leave. Ie. food.
    The problem with attracting them back is that other walkers in the area will also hear the sound and join in, thus risking being cornered.

4. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

^ Completely agree. I especially liked Rick's speech about keeping quiet, even turning the lights out at night, and then he stands up on the wall while teaching Ron how to shoot a gun (or at least hold it).

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Walkers have always kept walking in a straight line once they are stimulated. That's how Shane's walkers got to the farm, after seeing the helicopter. They saw Rick run inside the gate, and saw other people, so they knew there was people in there. The walkers farther back just follow suit to the ones in front.

6. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

I was like you are seriously gonna let Ron shoot a gun here for all these walkers to hear? Irritating, I don't think I ever heard the gun go off though.

7. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

What pissed me off more is that in the past, they always used DIY silencers. Why not now...
    But. As a European citizen I don't know anything about guns. lmao

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Ironically, Schwitzerland got a shit ton of guns and even forces people to have 1 in a cabinet at home I believe. Nordic countries are also top 20 on amounts of weapons per 100 citizen! x)

9. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

I'm not from such countries, though. Like I honestly have never seen a real gun in real life.
    Or heard one. Let alone held one.... yeah... Not even a shotgun.... Or rifle...
    Literally nothing lmao
    Even swords and knives are restricted here, unless you have a license. Or keep the knife in your kitchen ofc.

10. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

The horn set them off in that direction and after the horn cut out they simply continued in that direction. That's what they do. Unless something else distracts them and makes them change their course, they basically just continue on in whatever direction they're going.

In an earlier episode, they were talking about how the natural geography of the surrounding land would basically lead them right back to Alexandria. That likely played a big part as well.

11. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

You are really missing out, my friend. There's nothing like the thrill of holding cold steel in your hand while pulling a trigger and firing off invisible (to the naked eye) and deadly copper projectiles at a target while smelling gun powder and hearing the intensely loud BANG BANG BANG of a firearm. 'MERICA! Goddamn... it's really awesome! lol

12. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

*Switzerland

And no they're not "forced" to have a weapon at home.

#12 8307c4, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  13. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Rick took the bullets out before he handed the gun to Ron. Then he said, "There's your target." Ron aimed and Rick told him to relax. This was a very basic first lesson, as it should be, and Rick definitely didn't want a gun going off for no good reason.

14. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Frankly I never really felt the need to do so nor have I been in any situation where it would've done me any good.
    There are clubs that allow you to take up gun trainig at least, never bothered to do so. The only thing I feel like I'm missing out on is having a beautiful and sleek katana collection.

15. Berry

Berry Member

If there are any flare guns left, they could go down in the tunnel, and shoot out the back door (assuming that door is facing away from the town). This would get some started moving away, and could create the domino effect. Once they move away enough, someone could go out, get in a vehicle, and continue leading them away more.

16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I know I know! Same for me. But im just saying many Europeans do have plenty of guns too :)

17. RicksGal

RicksGal Member

That's a really good idea, wonder if they might use that idea

18. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Why didn't Rick let the herd past him in the RV then when they were all gone past force the horn on the RV, then he would obviously have to run for his life, but he's Rick. The walkers would then turn round again, surround the RV until the battery went out. And they'd hopefully forget all about the previous horn. simple.

19. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Not sure a gigantic and heavy Colt Python would be the best choice for a first timer. But since it was only a dry-fire exercise, I guess it was fine.

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

LOL! Out of boredom I watched a zombie movie that took place in Norway, and had reanimated Nazis vs. Communists. I am NOT recommending the movie, but one line that was funny was some American "zombie slayers" went over and had to go to a hardware store and get hammers, etc., to arm themselves, and one of them said, "this would be easier if we could buy some real weapons", and the other replied, "Yeah, what's up with this country?!?"

Eh, it was funny at the time.