Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why trash the mansion?

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by Wombat, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Wombat

Wombat Member

Seeing the teens trash the rich neighbours house. Why?

strangely enough, with the killings, skin flaying etc... In this Ep..... It was the vase trashing that was disturbing.

Like pooping in your own nest. :zombies_confused:

2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

That scene was so reminiscent of zombieland.

3. Paul Daley

Paul Daley New Member

These are kids that have always been the have-nots acting out when no one is looking.

4. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

It looked fun. And looks like a fun way to relieve anger and shit.

5. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Frustration and a symbolic destruction of the old world, the old ways of doing things.

So far, people have been mostly living inside their walls (fences) like before, knowing that there was this terrible thing looming over them. Trashing the house was about letting go of what used to be important....all the fancy stuff, the money, didn't help that family, since it can be reasonably assumed that they are either wandering the streets as zombies or dead from a head shot. Both kids know that the world has ended.

It also paralleled well with what was happening in Susan's basement and the trip outside the gates. It is all about letting go.

The old world kept Daniel, Maddie, and Travis on a particular path. Their moral code was set by societal expectations.

The old Maddie would probably not have looked the other way on torture, but she's learning that the old rules are gone and there are ugly things that may need to be done.

Daniel was trying to be a new man, but now has reverted to who he used to be, a man he thought he had left behind. It will be interesting to see how his daughter reconciles this side of her father with who she thought he was. He made the adjustment quickly due to his past. For him, letting go of it all was easier, because he's done it before.

Travis is the hold out. He cannot let go, he still sees the zombies as people. His trust in the military has been shaken, but isn't gone yet. He's the hold out, the one who cannot let go of what was. He is the opposite of Daniel in many ways.

Yeah, I may be overthinking this, but it's how my brain works!

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I would have joined them. Today I decided that my life goal is trash a rich person's house in a similar manner.

7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I agree with this analysis.

And that piano would have been history. ;)

8. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I get paid to do things like this everyday but its funny how much less fun it is when it is work?

Also this is likely the last time they will get to play at all for a while I bet.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No way! I would have had someone play Beethoven while we trashed the place. How many times in life do you get to trash a house to your own Beethoven soundtrack? ;)

10. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

It's a great stress relief. I did this a lot when I was in college, albeit I wasn't busting up someone else's stuff, it was my old stuff that had worn down to useless...sofas, chairs, etc.

11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Contrast Alicia and Chris with the soldier who took the cufflinks. They have a much better idea about the disintegration of society than he does.

12. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

Oh, now that you mention it, that is one I missed! That soldier still thinks it is all going to go back to normal while the other guy (why can't I think of his name) can give the trappings of his wealth up because he knows that all the rules have changed.

13. progmanjum

progmanjum New Member

For the boy it was probably sexual frustration 'cause Alicia was smoking HOT in that blue dress.

14. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Which gave him blue balls.

15. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

I agree with you, I thought it was the most unnerving part of the episode. Kind of weird, really.

I have never really understood that kind of behavior anyway, as I can't see why destroying nice things would make anyone feel better.

16. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

She was sending him vibes and he ran away. He deserves to get blue balls.

17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Agree. Stress relief. And so what, really. It's not like there's any shortage of empty houses full of stuff.

Alicia and Chris for the win.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The world is ending around them. Everyone they've ever known outside of their own neighborhood is likely dead. Who wouldn't need a bit of cathartic steam blowing? I think if more people in the ZA released their frustration's in a relatively harmless way like this, there could be less violence.

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I drive by some nice homes and a Trump golf course several times a week. Those places likely will not fare well when the ZA hits.

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Many are like a Fortress though too.