Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why was Abraham's family scared of him?

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by Franklin, Nov 10, 2014.

1. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Adrenaline? The element of surprise? Crazy ninja moves?

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

He's a trained military man, they were just your average neighborhood assholes. Hit the one guy in the head to disable him, smash the other guy's head to bits, then go back to the fitst guy and finish him off.

3. purriwinkle

ooh, yeah..that sound's like it would do the trick however I got the impression there was more than two.

4. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Are those examples of why Abe is a bad ass?

5. purriwinkle

For all I know mebbe this happens....m'm m'm good...
    [​IMG]

6. lexy

lexy Well-Known Member

Haha....I can honestly say I have no idea what you're talking about.

7. PipForever

PipForever Member

The episode says nothing about her being raped. If they did rape her, it makes Abe look a bit more understandable, but his family less understandable.

As is shown in the show, Abe beats to death four men*. His family seems, understandably, shaken. In their fear, they try to run, but are quickly caught by zombies. Seems fine to me.

*This to me seems stranger than his wife and kids leaving. Did he beat one to death while the others watched and waited their turn? Maybe he killed the first three with a gun and then run out of bullets, forcing him to kill the last one by hand? However, he looked like he had a lot of blood on his hands, like he had beat several of them to death. Anyway, that scene seems strange to me.

But as always, we don't know anything other than what they show us. I personally like it when they leave more up to the imagination.

8. Franklin

Franklin Member

Yes it was. Michael said the family had a normal life and never saw daddy in action aka being a soldier.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Now you're changing what you said earlier. We still don't know what kind of husband he was, which is the point. Not only that, what the actor assumes about the backstory isn't necessarily canon. Even though he never said they had a normal marriage.

10. Franklin

Franklin Member

Now you're lying. I clearly said this. Learn how to read.
    What did he for a living? He was a soldier! At work clearly means he is acting as a soldier. Micheal says it hear AGAIN. starting around 1:30. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXUbaMaHX4k&list=UUmWyesNAlftV3kJlFhD6q6w

11. Neuropyramidal

Nope, you're the liar, and it shows. You stated that he said he was a 'good' husband which he never said. I saw you used some all caps in your post again. Trying to substitute logic with big font again, are we?

PS- thanks for showing us another clip where he still doesn't say he was a good husband or had a normal marriage.

#71 Neuropyramidal, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  12. Franklin

Franklin Member

You're lying again. I NEVER said those comments were in THIS particular video/scene. This is the BONUS video that was NOT shown on TV. Michael clearly explains what "at work" means in this video and that's why I told you to watch it.

However, he also mentions that Abe does not regret killing those men. This does point to him being a good husband because if he was abusive to his wife, then he most likely would have regrets. He does not have regrets. Go back and watch the Talking Dead if you have demand that's where Michael says Abe's family lived a normal life.

13. Neuropyramidal

Damn, you get mad when you're caught in a lie. So many capital letters.

14. Neuropyramidal

No, you said earlier, that he stated he was a good husband, which he didn't. Still lying. And we still don't know how their marriage was previously.

15. cfunk55

cfunk55 Member

Obviously there is plenty of time for more flashbacks and explanation of the family dynamic before the ZomPoc, but I think the safest realization to take from Ellen and the kids is that some people just don't make smart, rational decisions when the world is going to sh*t and will go off on their own when something doesn't agree with them. Those people will be killed and, by the way, WHY WEREN'T AT LEAST ONE OF HIS FAMILY MEMBERS WALKERS?!?!

This goes back to my past post about dead bodies lying around without head injuries that SHOULD be walkers but aren't when it suits the show's plot. Walkers will have a very hard time getting into the skull and eating a brain before the body turns and we already know that once turned, walkers lose interest in one another. Abraham's family should not have just been lying there rotting.

Being right all the time is getting frustrating.

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes. I get the feeling that we'll find out more about Abe's backstory in later episodes. I have nothing to base this feeling on, mind you, but I can't imagine Gimple showing us that flashback and then dropping the matter. I'm predicting that Abe's demons continue to haunt him to the point where he breaks down and has a conversation with someone about what happened to his family. Or maybe he's at that breakdown point right now, after Eugene's confession, and he'll tell the group the next time we see them onscreen.

17. tink

tink Well-Known Member

This does not point to any such thing. If Abraham was a sociopath he would also not have regrets about killing those men, but he might very well abuse his wife. There are any number of reasons he might not regret killing the men but STILL be abusive to his wife and family.

Your logic is non-existent. If you want to prove that someone said something, then you should probably attach the clip where he actually says that instead of a clip that doesn't.

18. Neuropyramidal

Careful, he's going to use all caps on you.

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

What Michael Cudlitz said about Abraham's mindset cannot be considered canon. And even if what he said it was correct, it's irrelevant. Abusive people never identify themselves as such. We would need the wife's point of view of her husband to better understand her behavior.

For that matter, we have all the information we need to analyze Lori's reaction to Rick telling her about Shane. Rick cannot in any way be considered abusive, but she wigged out anyway. People behave in all sorts of odd ways for all sorts of odd reason.

20. Sixfootbrunette

How do you know they raped her? Did I miss something