Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why was Father Gabriel wrong?

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by Stuartino, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

At the start Deanna is staring at Reg's body and she says to Father Gabriel, "You were wrong". What about? FG said Rick and his group were bad, I don't see that Rick killing Pete proves him wrong. What did I miss?

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Rick told Deanna if they did nothing about Pete things would only get worse.
    Gabriel told Deanna that Rick is only looking out for himself even though he represented things as being for the better of Alexandria itself.
    Pete kills Reg in crazed rage which proved Ricks point to Deanna.
    Deanna orders the humane termination of Petes face.
    Rick was right.

3. Obidonwan

Obidonwan New Member

I hate Father Gabriel and this has nothing to do with the Kentucky clerk who is against gay marriage. LOL

4. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

I agree 100%

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Remember, Gabriel sounded a bit nutty when he warned Deanna that Rick was dangerous. Deanna already knew Rick had "done things" to survive. Now that she has seen Rick in action, killing someone who needed to be killed to protect the community, she can accept Rick's version of the truth over Gabriel's.

Gabriel : Satan, he disguises himself as the angel of light. I’m afraid that false light is here, inside these walls. Your community, you say its not a paradise, but it is. I’m grateful to be here. I am. But you made a mistake letting in the others… Rick, his group, they’re not good people. They’ve done things. They’ve done unspeakable things… the day will com when they put their own lives before everyone else’s, and will destroy everything you have worked so hard to build.

Deanna: To make it out there as long as they did, they must have done things. Rick said as much. They survived. That's what makes them assets.

Gabriel: You're wrong. They can't be trusted. They're dangerous. You may believe that they did what they had to do, that they were afraid and so they-- The day will come.when they'll put their own lives before yours and everyone else's and they will destroy everything you have here, everything you're working so hard to build.

Deanna: Why are you just now coming to me with this?

Gabriel: Satan, he disguises himself as the angel of light. His servants are the false apostles of righteousness. They don't deserve this. They don't deserve paradise.

Deanna: Thank you, Gabriel. I have a lot to think about.

(copied from http://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=1
    5&t)

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

He was wrong because he said Rick was only looking out for his group and was too savage to live at the asz. But he was wrong because had they listened to Rick, only Pete would have died, rather than Pete and Reg.

7. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Not only that, but Rick had to take on the walkers that were let in by the negligent Gabriel ...and they could have attacked / killed countless Alexandrians, proving that Gabriel is the more dangerous.
    If Deanna had listened to Rick, Reg would be alive and maybe even Pete.

8. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Gabriel is wrong, because he's a weak, cowardly sycophant- period.

9. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

You forgot beeyotch.

10. Laurieellen

Laurieellen Well-Known Member

He's a p*ssy that needs to die but this is my fear.
    [​IMG]

11. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

LOL

12. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

fixed

13. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Reading this again, makes we angry. FG, you cowardly asshole. Rick's group did what they had to do to survive... FG is the one who did something bad. Leaving people outside while they were in danger, closing the churchdoor while a lot of people screamed for help.

14. BetterAngel

BetterAngel Active Member

She tells him he was wrong because when that whole thing with Porch Dick went down, and especially when Rick killed that walker that was in the community when they were having that meeting, plus hearing what the others were saying, she realized that Rick really does want to keep people safe, and that he knows what he's talking about. She begins to trust him, I think she realized that if she would have listened to him in the first place Reg would still be alive, her son may still be alive even. Its awful that it took such drastically tragic events for her to see that.

15. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Particularly ironic when coming from a priest that locked his congregation out of the church.

I don't trust "could have beens" that much. Rick's group hasn't been a paragon of good judgement to date, and to say Gabriel's actions were guaranteed to have resulted in worse outcomes is a bit of a stretch. For example, say the walker that Gabriel let in instead of being killed by Rick made it to the circle of firelight and was eventually put down by the townspeople. They might have decided as a community that they needed to start training for defense and arming themselves right then and there, and so have been safer overall. Who knows what could have been?

16. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I recognize that that was a throwaway line, but there is a connection. At the end of 516 FG told Sasha to kill him. Prior to that he was obviously wrestling with a tremendous amount of guilt over his past behavior, and manifesting that guilt by condemning others. This type of behavior is not unknown among religious hypocrites such as Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, and Josh Duggar. And Duggar worked for the Family Research Council with the support of Mike Huckabee, who gave a speech when Kim Davis was let out of jail.

But getting back on topic, FG himself realized that he was wrong back in 516. I don't think FG was bluffing about having Sasha shoot him, like Shane did with Dale.

#16 westwingnut, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  17. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Thats why I love this forum. :) Thanks for your great answers. I still love Seth Gilliam. FG is a bad man.

18. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

If you think about what Gabriel said to her.
    Deep down, he was talking about himself. It was his way of dealing with the guilt.
    He did finally admit to it, and I believe he truly does now want to help.

19. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

ain't that the truth?

20. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Because FG is always wrong. I can't remember him adding anything to the group. He is kind of an alternate Eugene, where he has tried several times to extract himself from the group, but has no real alternative.

#20 RoboLives, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015