Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Why was Noah even assigned to runs?

Discussion in 'Episode 514 - Spend' started by YR38, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Owl_at_Home

Owl_at_Home New Member

I totally agree. In fact, I was annoyed by the entire make-up of this group. Since when do they not send a capable group on an important run like this? I mean, Glenn was stuck with the two Alexandria guys, and I GUESS I can see them dragging Eugene along since he knew the equipment they needed. But why the hell round out that group with Noah and Tara? With the exception of Father Gabriel and Eugene, Noah and Tara are the weakest and least experienced members of the Rick group. Both have lived on the "inside" for a fair part of the ZA, him in the hospital and her in that apartment until the governor came along. They basically JUST got the hang of running around fighting walkers.

Glenn was basically the only real "pro" in the group. Not saying Noah or Tara did anything wrong, and Eugene even really stepped up, but still. It was a stupid group to begin with when you consider who all they have at their disposal. And nobody else, except Abraham, seemed to be doing anything in particular.

Edit: I see from reading the other replies more closely that we are assuming Aiden was still in charge of runs and picked the group. That makes more sense.

#21 Owl_at_Home, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  2. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i question this too, but he looked fine on this run really. nothing would have gone wrong if it wasn't for the ASZ boys.

3. kd25ad

kd25ad New Member

That does make sense. Aiden, being a coward and wanting to be "the man", would want to pick some of the weakest people

4. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Sorry but you all have it wrong. It is Because she realized he had to die since Morgan is going to return soon.

5. Zombie_Penguin

I think they just sent him out on runs because they had to kill him off. It is a pretty dumb way to kill off his character, though, especially when they could have done it back when Tyrese died. I think they should have switched those two around and had Noah die at his home and had some kind of poetic justice and then had Tyrese die out on a run and then whats-her-face go bat-s-crazy from there on out.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I have to agree, if I was Aiden, I would want the people most likely to have a positive outcome, Michonne, Daryl, Abe. As he chose the weakest members, Glen aside, they must have been to show the pecking order.

As they referred to them as runs and seeing their penchant for running away choosing a limper seems like that old grizzly bear joke.

7. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I thought this also. I figure Aiden and the other coward picked, who they thought, were weaklings. Glen looks like a wimp, Tara is a pretty awkward female and Noah was a cripple.

8. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I agree with your point on Aiden. He may have lightened up a bit to Glenn, but he obviously didn't take any of Glenn's good advice.

I also think Deanna insisted on Glenn going along because he would try to keep Aiden in line.

• Like Like x 1
  9. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

Hate to be that guy... but the writers backed themselves into a plot hole and forced them into convenient/lazy writing. That is the most likely reason. Noah is a throwaway character with no business on the show. They just had to kill Beth for no apparent reason, and Noah was just leftovers.

They are Glen's runner crew. Aiden didnt pick them. Thats their jobs. Everyone else better qualified in Ricks group arent doing the grunt work of making runs.

Conveniently Deanna didnt give Daryl a runner job despite that being an obvious role.

#29 QOTWD, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  10. TheTunnelRunner

Right. It looks like they needed to use Noah to kill off Tyreese, too. The actor that played Noah said that he was originally supposed to die before the end of the first half-season. With Noah's death they just created even more plot holes and events that won't be explained... unless Gabriel knows something, of course.

11. lvprguy

lvprguy Member

I was surprised at how fast Noah went from being incapable of getting help and getting pinned down by the only walkers left in shirewilt to becoming a cool and collective person who had great aim at solar warehouse.

12. Steppin' Razor

He was only injured when it was convenient. When he needed to run, like when Tyreese died, no one could catch up to him, lol. Bum leg my ass.

13. TheTunnelRunner

Things surrounding him from the hospital to Tyreese's death never added up. More behind this "good kid" that we will never know now.

14. Steppin' Razor

Or maybe, since the Alexandrians like to flee when shit goes down, they chose Noah cuz... hell, if anything goes wrong just outrun him and you're good lol. And Tara and f*cking Eugene hahaha.

15. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Because the writers needed him to die so the next black character, Morgan, could join our group.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Antoine Nagel

Antoine Nagel Member

They couldnt switch because they needed sasha in the tower

17. Contaminated

Contaminated Member

Have to agree with pretty much everything you said.

To add...

Anyone else notice there was one scene showing Noah walking with Glen I think it was, where he had zero limp at all? I kept thinking to myself why is he not limping all of the sudden?

Maybe it will come out later that Tara and Noah were specifically chosen by Aiden/Nic for the purpose of walker bait. This might redeem the situation to some degree.

18. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

My how time and circumstance changes people, leading them into certain paths...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am loving your rewatch journey through the whole series. LOL Even if I don't remember the circumstances of half of what you are posting. LMAO

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

Well for Maggie it was her evolving from the quaint farm girl to what she's become now.

From losing family members (some from the walker attack), then watching her father Herschel get murdered, then losing Beth then getting word Beth was alive only to see her being carried out of the hospital dead.

Of the group members who made it to ASZ (Rick Michonne Glenn Maggie Daryl Tara Abraham Rosita Carl Eugene Noah Judith Carol Sasha) Maggie seemed to be the correct choice as an eventual successor.

She was level headed (considering what she had just gone thru) and more importantly it seemed Deanna wanted a female successor under her wing so between the remaining women of the group Maggie seems like a sure bet.

• Like Like x 1