Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will Carol commit suicide ?

Discussion in 'Episode 613 - The Same Boat' started by Shonen, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Shonen

Shonen Member

With what we have seen from Carol for several seasons now, her going into a hyperventilating panic and then hesitating twice to take out the gang leader was completely out of character.

When she began hyperventilating upon being captured, I thought it was part of a clever plan on her part; however, it turned out she really was just panicking.

2. Austannibal

Austannibal Member

I hope not!

And I don't think she was actually panicking. I think she was just playing it up to make herself look weak. But then again, Melissa said on Talking Dead that her tears were real.

Idk, it's confusing to me. Maybe it was a mixture of both real and fake.

3. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

It's definitely a mix of real and fake. The hyperventilating was fake for sure - a way to make them think she was weaker than she really is. Her conflict of having to kill other people is real though - you can tell that even when faced with a life and death situation, she almost couldn't pull the trigger and take care of Paula.

4. Zombie_Penguin

She must be coming to the end soon, she's been onscreen so much lately

5. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

I don't see Carol as suicidal...quite yet. Emotionally fragile right now? Yes. NOW IF Maggie had been murdered in that kill house, I might be prone to take away her weapons and put a watch on her for a few days. I think Carol tends to be a woman who finds strength to process through things eventually. Whether she has time to settle before Neegan comes knocking? Doubtful. And this is where she may wind up in a spiral.

6. EvieE

EvieE Member

Let's hope not. Carol is a G!

7. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

One thing for sure; This Carol is a far cry from the Carol who did what had to be done by putting Lizzy down.

C'mon woman - get yerself together!! :zombies_confused:

8. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

I don't want to see her have a mental breakdown. That's lame as hell and some might even call it 'lazy writing'. Carol is a warrior. It's like they just fired the writers and hired a bunch of interns off the street? The weakest members of the group should be having these problems not one of the strongest!

9. Ysabeau

Ysabeau New Member

It would be lazy to continue carol down the soulless warrior "kill them all" type. What they've done is the polar opposite of lazy....they've shown every facet of carols character tonight and the result was spectacular. She is a warrior but she's also caring, scared, guilty, protective. In other words, human. To capture that as well as they did in this episode is nothing short of genius. Massive respect for the writers and mostly for Melissa McBride.

10. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Well stated. Her performance felt very real.

11. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Melissa McBride was out of her mind GREAT in this episode.. As far as Carol goes, she will Not kill herself Ever. She is to protective of the people she loves.. She will fight to protect her family with her last dying breath.

12. Cognitogrrl

Cognitogrrl New Member

Wow, I hope you're wrong

Damn, I hope you're wrong. Daryl is my ultimate fave, but Carol is a close second. However, the logic of your statement is frighteningly appealing.

I'm new here. Last time I posted about the show, AMC still had their own forums. What happened there, anyway? if anybody knows.

13. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Good point. I wonder if she'll be the one to meet Negan's bat. Some sort of self sacrifice to save someone else maybe? Just a guess. Read somewhere that the script for the S6 finale upset a lot of the actors.

14. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

Carol won't kill herself but she might die protecting the group. I don't want to see her go but if she does but if she does I hope it's with honor. Melissa was so good this episode, so believable.

15. igorina90

igorina90 Member

I don't think she will, but her time being kidnapped was certainly not easy on her.

16. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

I think Carol realises that she's got too much emotional baggage to have a future in this world now. She'll take the first opportunity to self-sacrifice that comes along. She realises that she's in the same boat as the women she killed in this episode. She has nothing to live for now except to just keep killing to live.

17. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Not sure I agree with your last sentence. Before leaving she opened to the idea of a romance. And now we see her reaching out in faith (symbolized by clutching the crucifix). No doubt she's fragile, but I don't quite get the "black void of despair" vibe from her.

18. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

This is the sixth season so most fans already know Carol...that's why it's not a good idea to change the character. Coke tried this when they came out with 'New Coke'. This is 'New Carol'. I thought they already proved she was human in 'The Grove'? I guess she'll crap her pants next week because it makes her more 'human'. lol

19. a.t.a.k.i.t.h

a.t.a.k.i.t.h Member

Holy shit this is a great thread. Smart! I hadn't even thought of this with the way they developed her.

20. Maevar

Maevar Member

If you know Carol, then you know she has always been affected. Showing it more less in any given episode was always an inevitability. Wasn't it Tyrese she told to shoot her after she killed the little girl? She's always been affected; she always does what she has to do. This is no "New Carol."