Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Will they leave the prison by mid season?

Discussion in 'Episode 405 - Internment' started by Firewallcano, Nov 13, 2013.

1. offrope

offrope Active Member

Herschel would have to die either before or shortly after leaving the prison. A one legged man wouldn't last long on the run.

2. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

True. That's why it would be great if he went down holding off the Governor, and allowing the others to escape out through the back of the prison, or something along those lines.

3. Tortuous

Tortuous Member

They leave prison at ending of episode 8 or at the beginging of episode 9.

4. Savior

Savior Well-Known Member

Wait, was there a prison?

5. Darylette

Darylette Member

I see your point, but Lori survived while heavily pregnant.

6. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

My guess is yes. Or very soon after.

7. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

8. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

It's just a question of how many will survive to leave the prison. Can't get an accurate bodycount, but it seems like by the end of the last episode, they don't have more than 20-25 left. One more fence breakdown, a few sniper shots from the Gov, a few more flu deaths (maybe one of them being Judith to break Rick's heart), Darryl leaving to find Carol: not many left. Like Darryl said, "sooner or later, we run".

The question isn't when they will leave the prison --- it's whether they will run for their lives in one semi-orderly group, or whether they will scatter. It will also be whether they be as bad off as they were when they left the farm -- no evacuation planning, therefore no food, water, clothes and little ammo.

9. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Never said it wasn't.

OMG Really?

Wow, I am so glad you have educated me, guess I really missed those history classes!

I haven't been against shelters, just that they are forced by circumstance to move more frequently than the show has had them so far. I'm not saying the group wouldn't be seeking a stable place.

10. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Although I may have come across demeaning, you gave the impression that you wanted them to move from place to place forever. I simply wanted to state that this is not realistic. They are going to find places that are stable and they are going to stay there and try to build a community. Picking up and moving every four episodes is not realistic in my mind. I'm sure there will be times when they are on the move but there will be stretches of time where they find a place that they can keep stable. If they were forced to continuously move from place to place for years on end, they would die.

11. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

Ahh the old "Not realistic" MEME this board is obsessed with. Not realistic in a show about zombies, where Daryl could tune the motorcycle to be quiet, but doesn't, where the gasoline supply is seemingly endless, I could go on.

The show is about entertainment, not realism. Plus, circumstances could easily cause them to move frequently. Four episodes seems like a reasonable average but I'm OK with a little longer. I think they stay in place so much for budget reasons, as we all know the original show creator left as the budget was cut and the show became quite different from what Frank had done.

12. bula412

ahh the old "budget constraints" excuse. There is no budget in the comic and they stay in places for long periods of time there too. There are stretches where they are out on the road and are moving around a lot. There are also times, like now, where they have things pretty good and stay in one spot. You will probably get your wish very soon though

13. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

This isn't a comic, nice dodge though

14. bula412

You're right. This is not the comic, but the comic is the source material. They have probably been in the prison longer in the show, at least by storyline time due to time jumps. This may actually be more necessary in the show due to the aging of the younger characters whereas the comic does not fall victim to this constraint