Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

With all the Horror Remakes coming out...

Discussion in 'Horror Discussion' started by Zomboni, Feb 5, 2013.

1. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

They better not f*ck with Jaws. I know there have been some really lame shark movies, but you can' t touch that if you know what's good for ya!

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I think Jaws is safe and that's why they did those piranha movies.

3. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0758746/

4. ESTchristinaS4C

ESTchristinaS4C New Member

Lost Boys would be so good! Bring real vampires back. ;)

5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes yes yes !!!!!!

I was a teen when that came out, god I loved Corey haim back then .

So sad the path he went down..

6. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

7. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

I never saw it, but apparently it was a reboot that was loosely based on the first three in the original series.

8. Outdoorsguy

Outdoorsguy Member

there are two I would be curious to see if they could remake and do the originals credit.. Legend of Hell house, and The Changeling. but considering how they butchered house on haunted Hill, I probably wouldnt want to watcher either of them.

9. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Hope you and your family are doing OK, Daniel, and getting the support you all need at this time.

10. Lex Bloodstone

One of the classic monsters the Creature From the Black Lagoon. I don't think that's even been attempted other than the Monster Squad.

11. bubbastump

bubbastump Member

I had thought of writing a remake of "Creature of the Black Lagoon" but just couldn't get into it. For a movie, there would have to be a ton of t and a to get today's viewers even mildly interested in the story.

12. walkerbait74

walkerbait74 Well-Known Member

Sadly, t and a sells in horror movies these days, whatever happened to it being about the monster/creature/killer? Also, everything is done with CGI
    and that really sucks.....

13. klownz

klownz Member

Dracula has already been remade plenty of times in fact the legendary Dario Argento made a mess of his remake just last year, someone mentioned Creature From The Black Lagoon & that is one of my all time favorite films and has been on and back off the cards for a remake for years now but I actually really hope it does get remade I see no problem in remaking films that have despite still being brilliant and historically important are dated plus just because a film is remade it doesn't change that fact you still love the original and its not like the police come kicking peoples doors down to take the originals out you collection.

Someone said the Thing prequel is a remake of a remake but to be honest Carpenters version isn't really a remake I haven't read the book but have been told my friends who have that Carpenters film is just a much closer adaption of the short story "Who Goes There?" also "the thing from another world" & Carpenters version really share little in common...

14. Outdoorsguy

Outdoorsguy Member

Carpenter has said that his Version of "the Thing" was an attempt to bring the story" who goes there" to the screen, its hands down better than than the 1951 walking Vampire carrot B movie classic. The Director and writers of the new "the Thing" made their movie a prequel out of respect for and love of Carpenters Movie.

I personally dont mind remakes of some movies, when the attempt is to bring an awesome story back to life only updated, with out changing the story so drastically that it only shares a title and maybe a character's name in common with the movie its based on.

15. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

[MENTION=75261]VickGrimes[/MENTION]

16. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I'm going to write a horror movie where I kill you over and over.