Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Wolves were just the first wave...

Discussion in 'Episode 606 - Always Accountable' started by Berry, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Berry

Berry Member

I think the Alexandrians are under attack, not just by a random, bloodthirsty group, but by a bigger, more savvy entity.

The Wolves may have simply been the frontrunners.. pawns sent out to take out the bulk of the town (expendable self-sacrificers)

Where did Alpha-Wolf get his wound? What if his group's overlord inflicted these types of wounds on all the Wolves, giving them a story in case of capture, but also telling the Wolves that they would ultimately die from said wounds.. making the suicide-mission much more palatable. (Hey, we're gonna die anyway, may as well make our time left useful).

Now we've met some people that have escaped from some sort of evil leader.. and this leader has enough subjects that the trio haven't met everyone. (I.E. BIG GROUP).

In the previews, we see the townsfolk are running scared again. Did the walkers simply infiltrate, or is it people again? If it's the walkers, then I admit, my theory may not hold up. But if it's people...

#1 Berry, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  2. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Def a bigger group of bad guys. But U don't read comic or like spoilers.

Keep watching and your ???'s will be answered.

3. drifter77

drifter77 Member

I think you're reaching with your theory. I think the Wolves are done. They were just a crazy cult who ran around like lunatics, thinned the herd of redshirts, allowed the audience to see Morgan's new philosophy in action, and (inadvertently) brought the herd to ASZ. I think that's it. The story has already moved on to more serious threats -- the herd and this new, organized, well-armed group we just saw (and that comic readers know well). And if the leader of this new group is anything like we think, he'd never employ people as random, reckless and unpredictable as the Wolves. He would want townsfolk scared, but productive. Not dead, hacked-up torsos.

Much like Terminus, it was a lot of buildup for a fairly short resolution.

4. Berry

Berry Member

So you're saying that the Wolves and this next, more organized group are not related? Poor Alexandria... 2 years with nobody bothering them, now 2 unrelated groups attack in 2 days? What are the odds?

I guess one of us will be right, only time will tell which one.

Pogo.. it's hard to read this forum and not get spoilers ;) I know there is a bigger, more organized group out there... (I think everyone that reads this forum will has put together those pieces...)

My main point (whether or not the Wolves were affiliated with THAT group, or another one), is I do believe their attack was part of a bigger plan somehow.

If Daryl gets wind of Alpha Wolf, he'll get the intel they need...although it does seem like it'll be too late...

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I, too, think the Wolves and this coming group are related. I speculate the Wolves are serving the leader of this coming group which is much more powerful. And, even perhaps, we might see an iron with a 'W' on its plate which the leader uses to iron the mark 'W' onto the forehead of those who do not obey or those who run away. The Wolves are to go out and loot resources back to him in exchange for basic food and shelter.

But, I do not think the attack of ASZ by the Wolves was a 'first wave' or coordinated by this leader. So, when the Wolves did not go back, this group is going to find the Wolves, thinking they might be deserter. And, they will find the way to ASZ.

#5 Blueman, Nov 18, 2015
  6. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I don't think the groups are related at all...I just wonder if we will get anymore closure from the Wolves story line...

7. Berry

Berry Member

I like your thinking, but how would the leader know where to look (and find Alexandria so quickly)?

8. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

But...
    But...

9. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any relation between the wolves and the
    But I think its possible the wolves could've had a run in with them which resulted in alpha wolf's wound.

10. drifter77

drifter77 Member

If the Wolves are part of some bigger plan, whoever is coordinating it should be fired. They find the camp thanks to Aaron's backpack. They can see they have guns. There's an armed lookout in the tower (they would have no way of knowing Spencer is semi-incompetent). So let's send 20 guys in, armed with only blades, in broad daylight, running around at random and screaming. And these guys weren't even any good at looting. The one dude spent several minutes stabbing an already dead body 50 more times, all while Carol calmly strolls up behind him and shoots him in the head. They never get anywhere near the infirmary where, you know, some useful things might be. They only got a whiff of the armory by following Carol, and those who got inside were immediately killed. The one dude Carol shot was carrying out books for heaven's sake.

Oh and they suffered 100% casualties on the attack. Basically one lady with a pistol took care of the whole thing. And had Sasha been in the tower at the time, ASZ casualties probably would have been reduced to like 5 or so.

It was a terrible attack plan. How about sneak in at night and start slitting throats?

I'm just not scared of the Wolves anymore. They just seem incompetent to me. And now with Rick and a few good fighters back at ASZ, and more lookout towers, I don't see how any Wolves (assuming there are more) would ever get that close again, seeing that the element of surprise is now lost. And with the herd, it'll be a while before they'd even get a chance to try anyway. And if they're camped out there in the woods (and nobody returning from the quarry run -- Michonne, Heath, Tobin, etc. -- saw any signs), the herd would have probably killed them anyway.

And knowing what the leader of the new group is like, if he caught wind of a well-stocked, weak community, he'd take a much different approach then what the Wolves did/do.

I suspect the new group's ambush team will report back that a well-armed team, including a guy on a bike, came through, avoided their attack and killed a few of their men in the process. They'll compare notes with Dwight, who will report that a goon on a motorcycle told him he's from a well-situated camp not far. This peaks the leader's interest. He sends scouts out, and boom, finds ASZ, which is only like 20-25 miles away or so.

11. Berry

Berry Member

That's a good point, there was some time-lapse between Daryl losing the bike, and Patty heading back. It could be possible this happened.. and seeing walls surrounded 30-deep by Walkers would be a pretty good giveaway that there's some people behind the walls (even if they don't see the person on guard-duty).

As for why the Wolves may attack during the day.. if they'd watched Alexandria for any amount of time, they would have seen the "strong group" leave the walls each day (They'd been heading out for at least a week to build the wall and make the plan). They could have planned to go in while the town was weaker.

Depending on who Sasha and Abraham killed.. if they were people important to the leader, it could give the motivation to go after the town sooner, rather than later.

I can see it. I still like my idea of the Wolves as pawns, but I concede your idea could work too :)

#11 Berry, Nov 18, 2015
  12. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

The Wolves may be completely unrelated to the saviors and they may be more or less done (except for the captured leader) but there is no way that both of these are true. It would be way too much like the Termites, way too coincidental, and frankly just stupid. Their storyline has to continue or it has to be at least loosely tied the saviors storyline.

The one wolf told Morgan that they didn't have a choice to be who they are. I think the Wolves are every bit as crazy as they seem but that they are forced to pay tribute somehow to the saviors and that is a general motive for them to attack and scavenge. Alexandria was just another place to loot to them but now that the saviors are eventually going to find Alexandria the Wolf captive is going to play a part in whatever relationship Alexandria forms with the saviors... and their leader.

13. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

You don't either, cause the bigger group should not be portrayed as one that holds groups like this under their wing.

14. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I can't see the 2 groups being linked unless there's a definite class hierarchy. It looked the ones chasing Daryl's group were pretty decently dressed and organized. The Wolves were dirt bags without much organization. Their clothes were getting ragged, their teeth were dirty. They just seemed to want to kill.

15. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

The Wolves have a classic terrorist MO. Attacks designed to provoke maximum fear and shock, hence the mutilation and daylight attack. They don't have any real short term objective but to terrify. Same fruity cult like ideology as Middle Eadt extremists are so easily radicalised with. You are scary wolves and your fate is to hunt and be all ruthless and stuff. Cut this big W into your forehead and go cleanse the world of unclean humans.

16. Blueman

I think the leader will be able to pinpoint the location of ASZ that quickly is because Daryl is going to dump fuel (from the fuel truck) onto the surrounding herd and Abe will use a RPG to ignite them. The huge fume going up will give away the location.

17. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I think the Wolves are done, short of dealing with Alpha Wolf. They strike me as nothing more than a group of psychopaths who likely had some deranged fringe religious kind of view. They seem to have a view that people don't belong in this world anymore, and they've taken it upon themselves to get rid of the people. They're turning the ones that they deem to be best into walkers, and killing the rest. The ASZ is indeed going to be dealing with another group very soon, but I don't think the Wolves will have anything to do with them.

18. Berry

Berry Member

The problem is Patty is on the way back to Alexandria, when someone from town (?) calls for help on the walkie. Daryl isn't already there.

If the call for help is not Alexandria being attacked by people.. then yes, the timing could work out.

19. Blueman

I thought you are talking about how the leader of the coming group will find his way to ASZ. No?

20. Berry

Berry Member

We hear "help" on the Walkie, and in the previews it looks like something bad is happening in town.

So, if the "something bad" is people (not walkers breaching the walls).. then I was saying the people must be associated with the Wolves, since the attack is the next day.

The leader of the big group (if it is him), would have had to act super-quickly to already be attacking, within hours of the bike thieving.