Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Workable F2P concept

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by braven25, Aug 10, 2014.

1. braven25

braven25 Member

Due to nature of the game even a shirt could be very valuble, esp when you can rip it off and use the cloth etc

With that in mind, you don't want a system that allows you to buy objects in any form no matter how small or minor it might seem,this is what make f2p questionable at best.

Idea:

Buy 'skins' for items you already own.

What this essentially means is you can't buy items, you can only buy appearace changes for ALL visible items.

Don't want a dull hatchet, buy a cool skin for you hatchet.

Don't like the look your backpack, buy new backpack skin.

Found and repaired a new car, buy a new paintjob, add some alloy wheels, add some cool decals and drive in style.

Hate the look your tin can walls at home, buy a paint job, add some graffiti decals.

All these things are cosmetic only, but you have to OWN it before you can customise its cosmetic.

This will totally remover any risk of p2w, coz your not adding anything to your inventory.

2. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

This has already been mentioned by SoE themselves... they have stated that you will not be able to salvage (tear up) any shirt that you buy, because you are not actually buying a shirt, you are buying a texture for shirts that you essentially activate at your station shop box (not sure on where or how you get to that yet) and while it is activated any shirt you wear will look like that.

and the same goes for most other shop items. The will not effect any element of gameplay... they have even confirmed that they will not allow people to buy "camo" clothing, to avoid it effecting PvP.

3. Raiyoshi

Raiyoshi New Member

I like the idea, but it brings about it's own issues.

Okay I just put money in my account, went and hid in a bush, opened the market, bought the skin for my gun, pow in the back of the head. Just lost that gun and subsequently the skin. If you were to pay for skins then it should be similar to, for example, Call of Duty. You buy the skin, you keep the skin. Pick up the gun again, set the skin, good to go. No more paying money for something you won't get to keep. If it were a gun being sold I'd agree, get rid of it at death. Since it's only cosmetic then why keep charging for it after every death?
    This change brings another thought to mind. Why only if you own it? I am eventually going to find a baseball bat (example). So why not let me just buy the aluminum US flag skin for it now instead of making me wait?
    Problem with not charging each time: not going to make as much money. Solution:
    Purchase option, Single server skin unlock or global (all server) unlock? Pay X for single server or 5X for global.
    Vast skin options. "I want that US flag bat... But I really want to smack some guy in the face with a pink bat... ugh I'll buy both!"

4. Kasharic

Kasharic Member

SoE have already stated that anything from monitization will be permanently attached to your account... you have a kind of storage box you can access whenever you like (only use able by you) that contains all the things you've bought.

5. Raiyoshi

Raiyoshi New Member

Didn't know that, but I was just humoring his idea.

6. braven25

braven25 Member

Like Kasharic says, yes you lose the gun etc, but when you find a new one, it have the same skin you bought last time.

7. Syjak

Syjak New Member

So far I like SoE's idea of this 'cosmetic-only' station shop items. However, what will happen if not enough people decide to buy it? Will SoE dare go further and start, slowly-but-surely, move away from their initial "no playing advantage" policy?

Because we've seen this happened before.