Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Worst Episode Ever?

Discussion in 'Episode 504 - Slabtown' started by Carllllll, Nov 3, 2014.

1. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

this ^^

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

This ep was certainly not my fave...

I think there are only one or two others I was disappointed at - i think ep 2 season 4

This one was pretty bad.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

You bring up some great points here, much of it is what is concerning me about the show. I can understand why they did the bottle episodes last season because it helped to emphasize how fractured the group was. But that should have been left behind once they reunited. It's starting to give me a similar feel to what happened to LOST before it went off the rails. In Season 2 of TWD we had a decent sized cast but it still felt more balanced than it does now. Something was going on with just about everyone then in the group and we had character development. Also you had the dynamic of the interaction between the people in the group. We knew Dale didn't like or trust Shane and Lori showed some resentment to Andrea. Hershel and his family were introduced and developed. Now it feels as if they're like a herd of animals, moving sometimes as one but not together.

The way Maggie and Glenn just left the group was incomprehensible. They didn't even try to explain why they would actually follow through and go off with these strangers, particularly while Beth is still alive. And this I think is a crucial period to have Abraham and crew bond with the main group, and show interaction with everyone...and not just go off wandering around the countryside again.

What's frustrating is that there are flashes of brilliance. As you mentioned some characters have been done very well, but then it's counterbalanced by mediocrity elsewhere. Like with LOST, I feel they've taken on more than they can handle.

4. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Really? Infected was one of my favorites, last season. Just goes to show, how much opinions vary :)
    [MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION] thanks for the new avi!!!

5. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

The All-Time worst Turd of an Episode is S4 "Still", followed closely by last week's Stink-O-Rama "Slabtown" and then anything that has Beth in it basically! And speaking of that dog of a show, here is my Cliff Notes Version just in case anyone was fortunate enough to have missed "Still"...
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

#165 STRINGS, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  6. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

I must have watched "Four Walls And A Roof" 5 times now, I barely made it through "Slab Town" once.

7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I agree that "Slabtown" is the worst episode of the series.

I hated watching Beth get beaten by that power tripping bitch Dawn, and I hated watching her get sexually harrassed by Gorman. Beth and Noah's escape plan was not thought out. It's ridiculous that Dawn thinks that they're going to be rescued since it's at least two years into the apocalypse and there's been no sign of the U.S. Army except for the deserters from the Governor's new group.

I actually got bored watching this episode!

The one thing I liked was Beth toughening up at the ending.

8. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I think they could of just did a Abe, Eugene, Rosita, and Tara episode by themselves and it would of been fine with that storyline. I would understand Tara because shes still pretty new to the group, but Glenn and Maggie, it's easy to feel weird that they left after finding Rick and Glenn now with Maggie. But I think the whole point was to develop that group more that was together last season which is understandable. It doesn't bother me really tbh because I'm pretty sure they will be back with Rick sooner than later rather than like 8 episodes last season.

9. STRINGS

[​IMG]

#169 STRINGS, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  10. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

Joan didn't agree with you. And I'm not homo (except when I'm lusting about Normie - Does that make me homo? I don't know and I don't care) but I'd rather try to escape, try my luck on the road and be eaten than raped.

#170 Johnnie Walker, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  11. STRINGS

As most everyone on here knows, I am pretty much the #1 Beth HATER (can't wait for next week's show, 'cause it pretty much spells the end for Beth's scrawny ass; definitely looks like her scrawny ass wrapped in a death shroud & being put in a open fire & deep-fried to a cracklin' crunch in next weeks' preview! SWEET!!). The "actress" is the absolute worst at her craft and when it comes to her "singing", she makes Biz Markie come off like Susan Boyle!
    Now before we get a zillion Bethyls attempting to come to her rescue (you'd have a much better chance of making a case to defend everyone's most hated twat-muffin Kaci Wilcox & her
    narcissistic choice to potentially start a real-life apocalypse, over defending the wooden delivery of Kinney in every goddam scene she's ever been in), let's take in this lil' piece of journalism I humbly submit as 'Evidence A':

http://www.philly.com/philly/entert...he_cast_of_every_TV_show_has_a_weak_link.html

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ricky Grimes

Ricky Grimes New Member

I feel like they will incorporate an episode with Noah trying to survive the walkers and that seems like it will be a horrible episode just thinking about it. I hope they don't dedicate a whole episode to such a minor character, they might kill him off or let him meet up with Rick's group.

13. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

Well said. I was on my way here to pretty much say the same thing it you nailed it. I may post some of my friend and mines anti Bethyl photoshops later. I have a Quizup account called Death to Bethyl so you may have a challenger for number 1 Beth hater. Lol. I was so hoping that Gorman would at least get to rape her once. He deserved that. He saved her. She should have been appreciative and lollied his pop right up for him. How retarded was the scene at the end wih her approaching Edwards like she was going to kill him? Nothing more than the writers pathetic attempt to shove her forced character development down our throat and make her look "tough". Basically all that did was tell me she was suicidal again. What would have really happened to her had she succeeded in killing him out in the wide open. She knew he was far more valuable to Dawn that Gorman and that she was lucky to still be alive after that.

#173 Necrophile213, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Lt. Col. Cookie

Am I only one who liked this episode...? I mean, sure, it had this and that and it wasn't perfect but I was actually entertained and satisfied at the end of it. What I didn't enjoy was "Self-Help". The whole Beth episode was okay but that last one where it was only about Abraham and his group bored me plenty, only the last half had me actually watching it.

Were these last two episodes what you guys call (or are called) bottle episodes? Because if they are, I'm not much of a fan of them...

15. tehwalkingdead

No, I liked it too, I just wasn't blown away by it. The first three episodes whipped things in to a frenzy and then this one was just kind of slow by comparison and there were some minor things that happened that just seemed unlikely.

It would have been impossible to keep the pace of the first three episodes though.

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Dude, seriously? Dislike Beth/EK and criticize this episode all you want, but wishing rape on someone is taking things way too far. Also, you think Gorman "deserved" to be able to rape her? WTF? I'm going to assume (hope) you've said this to get a reaction and don't think anyone "deserves" to be raped or rape anyone else in real life.

17. The Samurai

The Samurai Member

[MENTION=66252]The Gov[/MENTION]: Wishing rape on someone? You're a new level of low.

18. STRINGS

For some reason the lil comic strip I wrote got cut in half, here it is again! Feel free to print it and wrap fish in it!!
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

19. STRINGS

Well besides Emily Kinney herself?!? Then yes...

20. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

No on someone, but on a character from a TV show. If you are unable to make that distinction , then maybe it's time to come back to reality and stop pretending that you're living in the show or something. Beth being raped would have given her a reason to have to toughen up as opposed to this rushed character development that's being spoon fed to us and it would have cemented Gorman a much stronger antagonist. Of course the part about him deserving to able to was to satisfy my darker sense of humor, but I want to see what is best for the story and couldn't care less who find it to be offensive.