Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Wrapping up Season 9

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Season 9' started by Dnae, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I cannot help but mentally hear Frank Sinatra singing "I did it my way"

Anyway. That is a wrap folks.

Season 9 came roaring in and we were all excited for what might be. Months later and season 9 left us with a bit of melancholy, a bit of laughter, a bit of hope and a bit of wondering who the hell is that on the radio. Personally I LOVED this season. I do not think there is an episode that I would rate less than an 8

I thought it would be fun to find out what each of you loved about the season.

I have submitted a few categories. Some I have answers to right away. Others will take some thought and time.

Feel free to add your thoughts as to why you made the choices for any given category.

In each category I have opted to give each one 3 line items. Do not have 3? No problem, just share with us what you do have. More than 3? Even better!

Also lets say that the number 1 spot in each category is your absolute favorite and then the list (be it 3 or more) proceeds in order of enjoyment

Copy and paste the following categories as you post your responses. Do them all at one time or take your time and spend a few days mulling over your answers.

Categories:
    Favorite episode/s:

Favorite scene/s:

Favorite NEW character/s:

Most improved character/s:

Favorite secondary character/s:

Favorite Walker/s:

Favorite walker kill/s:

Favorite Sad Moment/s:

Favorite happy-ish moment/s:

Jaw Dropping-ist moment/s:

Biggest Surprise (not necessarily a jaw dropping moment but one that you did not see coming)

Favorite pairings/groupings of characters (not shipping type but just pairings that worked well with one another)

@Dnae and @PepperAnn need to have the following:
    Favorite Alpha Scene:

@Zedd @Tony Davis or @HarleyQuinn please move this to an appropriate thread please. I thought I was adding it to season 9 episode 916 sub thread but I screwed up!

#1 Dnae, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Favorite episode/s:
    1. What Comes After (episode 5, Rick's last)
    2. The Calm Before (episode 15 - because ALPHA and it was just damn near flawless episode overall)
    3. Bounty (episode 11 - because ALPHA)

Honorable Mention: Who Are You Now (episode 6)

4. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Favorite NEW character/s:
    1. ALPHA - this choice was a no brainer!!
    2. Connie - this one surprises me. With the intro of Magna's group I just knew that my favorite was going to be Magna. Then BAM episode 11 happened and that was it. Connie became a favorite
    3. Dog - DUH!

5. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

6. PepperAnn

Totally agree with this. ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA.....with Connie as a total 2nd......and DOG ROCKS.

I gotta think about the rest. Except for fave episode. The Calm Before hands down. Ask @zombiemom62 how many times I have watched it. LMAO

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Most improved character/s:
    1. Judith - I mean she went from a toddler to a kickass lil asskicker and she gives as good as she takes
    2. Daryl - dammit! At least FTWD is premiering soon, I am sure they will give me plenty to bitch and moan about :p
    3. Eugene - he fights now!!

8. PepperAnn

EDIT: I wondered where she was on the list. I know where she is IRL. LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Favorite secondary character/s:
    1. Diane - have always like her. She is pretty bad-ass with her bow and she is good counsel for Ezekiel.
    2. Laura - I like having former saviors that have integrated into the community.
    3. Kal - we need some recognizable background characters from Hilltop to come to the forefront

10. PepperAnn

Favorite scene/s:
    1. Alpha walking through her people up to the front (shot from the back of her head). Such a simple scene but I loved it.
    2. "That is a habit that needs to be broken" scene. GAWD her head movements....keep that siggy as long as you can @Dnae :p
    3. Alpha introducing herself. "I....AM ELPHA!!!! AND THE ONLY THING WE WANT FROM YEEEW? MAH DAWTAAA!!!"

Honorable mention: The Pike Scene.

Can you tell I am an Alpha fan? Wow, I am shocked the pike scene came in fourth cuz DAMN was that powerful.

11. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

You may want to check out the edit I made in the OP. I added a category at the bottom LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Favorite Alpha Scene:

1A. Alpha walking through her people, all we see is her back. I swear to freakin Julio Christy when I saw that bit play out in the TRAILER I lost my shit!! When it actually happened in the episode I was done! Just send me to fangirl heaven on the express train!

1B. Snake charmer Alpha as seen in my siggy gif!! Loved this entire exchange with Daryl and Michonne. When she says to Michonne "What's your name?" It is so sing songie, so innocent in tone but laced with just enough creepiness that you know this woman is a bit left of center and residing in crazy town.

2. When she ever so slightly shrugged her shoulders about the woman sacrificing her baby. THAT WAS FREAKIN' CHILLING!!!

3. Anytime she talks! ANYTIME!! Her delivery, cadence cuts me to the bone. GAWD I love Samantha Morton and her Alpha

13. PepperAnn

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Ok, amended post coming up:

@Dnae and @PepperAnn need to have the following:
    Favorite Alpha Scene:
    1. Alpha walking through her people up to the front (shot from the back of her head). Such a simple scene but I loved it.
    2. "That is a habit that needs to be broken" scene. GAWD her head movements....keep that siggy as long as you can @Dnae :p
    3. Alpha introducing herself. "I....AM ELPHA!!!! AND THE ONLY THING WE WANT FROM YEEEW? MAH DAWTAAA!!!"

Favorite scene/s:
    1. Pike scene....beautifully executed. The way they positioned all their heads looking down made it all that much more sad.

2. Rick saying he found his family and blowing up the bridge. Then Michonne and Daryl's reactions. :(

3. The museum scene when they were trying to get the wagon down. Some might have found that silly but I was on the edge of my seat with the floor cracking and then Zeke falling.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Favorite NEW characters

1)Connie
    2)Alpha
    3)Luke
    4)Dog

Favorite secondary characters

1)Earl Sutton
    2)Quan
    3)Hilltop Pickle Maker
    4)Barbara
    5)Gracie
    6)Mrs. Robinson
    7)Papa Bear
    8)W.F Bell

15. PepperAnn

We are so massively fangirling @Dnae LMAOOOOO

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I KNOW!!!!!

If only Samantha Morton were one to attend cons - I would so fly to damn near wherever to meet her.

Hell I would go so far as to get on the plane, fly to convention, stand in line to meet Samantha Morton, get autograph and selfie, leave con and head back to airport and fly back home - all in one day!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. PepperAnn

She doesn’t do cons? :(

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Well she has never been in a tv show (nor movie??) that is usually sought after in regard to cons. And even so I would venture to guess that she would be more like Andy and would steer clear of them as much as possible. She strikes me as someone who holds on tightly to her privacy. Someone who does her job, does her job well but at the end of the day she leaves it at the office so to speak

19. PepperAnn

I would totally respect that but I wanna see her at a con! And on the TD couch.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see if she attends the panel at San Diego Comic Con this summer

• Agree Agree x 1