Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

WWAAAYYY too much

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by Morgotha, Feb 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Next week tells the stories of the 4 different groups, so it's the complete opposite of this one

2. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

Yea I freaking love this episode. I don't know if you realized this, but last night was the episode focused around Carl and Rick and then Michonne. Next week's episode will focus on what happened to everyone else. I mean, for the love of god, when the entire group is completely split, you can't have 1 episode that focused on what everyone did and is doing.

Next week we'll see what happened to everyone else....

3. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

I like episodes like this. I'm not a fan of switching back and forth between a bunch of characters in different places anyways.

Only thing I didn't really like was the Michonne dream, but I can live with it. It was really humorous doe. Comic relief. They tried something different and it didn't turn out oh well.

The rest of the episode was amazing. Hershels head, Rick and Carl jawing back and forth, Michonne slaughtering a billion walkers, Carl bringing up Shane and how Rick couldn't protect anyone including Lori, Carl thinking Rick was a Walker, and dat ENDING mmmmmm I loved it.

Imo though, for as much attention Riggs is getting this episode, I think Andy ****ing nailed this one. He was brilliant. His accent was so sexy and the way he grunted his voice, I could really feel the pain and how beat up he was after the prison.

4. Busted Flipflop

Sigh. I just cringed and wanted to throw my shoe at the TV when poor Rick said, *Carl, you're a man* (*in that lovely Georgian accent), when all I could think of was Carl[FONT=&quot] sulking like a 5 year old kid eating pudding on the roof. Doesn't exactly conjure images of a man, or a grown up for that matter.[/FONT]

5. Opiewho

Opiewho Member

I would've rather they touched on where/what everyone was doing in this episode and then finished it off on next weeks episode, each episode doesn't necessarily need to have a beginning and ending...kind of leaving us wanting more...than we already do LOL

6. fivefivegenie

fivefivegenie Member

Agreed - but, I think that Carl realized that now also. He *has* grown up. But now he realizes that doesn't mean he *is* grown up. I was waiting for him to admit something to that effect, when his dad said he was a man...but I guess that's part of him that's still not quite grown up yet.

7. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

There's 7 episodes left. It's not like we need to know where everyone is at every single moment of time. They have time to show that in upcoming episodes.

#27 Gaycandybacon, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  8. Shane's Brainz

I liked this episode, it would of been way too busy going back and forth between several characters. Plus this followed the comic pretty good, had a nice blend of comic story line with a good amount of newness added. I thought Carl did good, he was funny and acted exactly how a teen his age would act, just because its a zombie apocalypse doesnt change the fact he's a teen and is going to act like that. He was trying to cope with alot of loss, being essentially alone for the first time, since his Father was out of commission and facing the fact his father is not invincible and without the safety of the group he could very well be left all alone. This episode was dealing with the emotions people would go through while facing this sort of scenario alone. And do they withdraw into themselves , do they seek out others, or do they just give up. We saw a little of all that. In the end we are reminded that you cant survive alone.

9. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I prefer it like this. More concrete arcs, more time to really delve into them instead of dealing with a bunch at the same time and having them dragged out to the point where we may not care anymore. I like how it began, wrapped up and made sense in the same episode.

10. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Let's compare and contrast after 4-10, we will then have 1 episode in each style

11. cpump

cpump Member

Good epidode but i understand u i liked it but just knowing we
    have to wait another week makes u want more . is normal

12. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I wonder how the Daryl fangirlz survived the episode..

13. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

Hopefully they didn't :Grin:

14. Prophecy

Prophecy Member

It sounded like your enjoyed the episode yet I glanced at your little rating system and you have it as a 3/10? What could possibly make you say that but then make you completely hate the episode?

15. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Oh. LOL

I was having a little fun yesterday. Forgot to change it. I'll change it now.

16. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

and you call me a troll

17. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

He did a great job. I really liked the scenes between Carl and Rick on the road, where not too much was said, but you still got a strong feel of where each character was. You could see Carl's anger and disgust as he walked ahead of his father, and Rick was so exhausted he could only plead with Carl to slow down.

18. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I didn't see Carl as sulking when he was up on the roof eating the pudding. It was more of a momentary escape from a world where his home was just destroyed and he was unsure if his father was going to live or die.

His admission of Carl being a man was more of a hurdle Rick had to clear himself. He'd been trying to put the genie back in the bottle for a couple of seasons of the show now, wanting Carl to return to being a kid. Yet with everything his son has experienced in the ZA world, all the death and putting down his own mother it's clear he's not a kid anymore. He's somewhere inbetween. But Rick's acknowledgement was all about him coming to terms with reality.

19. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Like it or not Carl is the deuteragonist of the series. He will always take precedence over anyone else. He has the most room for growth anyway and ths episode was a big step. It also heavily developed Michonne and did a lot for Rick.
    This. I love both approaches and it was truly well done imo.

20. RatFeeder

RatFeeder Member

I thought this was a great episode. Yeah, I wanted to see what happened to everyone to, but I think the build up for them to (hopefully) be reunited will be worth it. I think it was just a lot of built up anger and resentment in Carl and they had to let it play out, for him to attempt to rise by himself then crash and burn back to reality.