Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Richonne Just Happened!

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by AnnieOakley, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Equinox

Equinox New Member

Nooooooo!!! I wanted them to be just close friends...

2. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

look at the left side of your posts under your username/picture, it says in pink "I'M A CHICK" with the universal sign for female

that is why i said "chicks"

as to being bothered by "MORE", i said clearly that Michonne in the flashback was sexy, i.e., i would bang her, and that Michonne in the apocalypse is not IMO, i.e., i would not want to bang her

that is all

however, i still stand by my original observation

#102 CSFurious, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  3. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I haven't shipped a TV couple in a long time, and especially on a show like this where I am more in it for the action than anything else, but I am going to come right out and say that I have been wanting these two to hook up since forever and was squeeing like crazy right from the start when she walked out in her bathrobe. To be honest I was a little annoyed at first because I thought they were already together and that their hook-up happened offscreen during the time jump. So I was particularly thrilled (and giddy) during the couch scene. I think this was probably one of my favorite hookups, I loved the buildup and it looked really authentic with all the smiling and lusty gazes. Another reason I was excited about them is that I was sure it was going to happen a lot earlier, I loved their chemistry, but then Jesse came along and I thought there were no more chances for Richonne. So yeah, my little shipper heart is happy tonight!!!

4. RicksGal

RicksGal Member

No no no no no this feels like a brother n sister getting it on

5. EvieE

EvieE Member

In what Universe does brother and sister give each other longing looks the way those two did? Yeah, just soak it in, soak all this love in because it's happening!! Whoo!

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yes they have been hinting up to it for a long time, so long in fact I was all right with it 2-3 seasons ago, even last season but now...? That wasn't the worst part by far, I think I could have handled the late bloom. It was the bit with all these subtle hints and then suddenly this 5 minute look-kiss-bang-done! I mean what happened, where did their clothes go?
    Seriously?
    No, they didn't...
    That's all I could think.

It was no better than Shane's escapades, cheap and dirty like a one night stand...
    The only difference is Shane and his partners meant to do it that way, which made it hot (and not romantic).

No, I wasn't about Jessie either, thou it would have been hot but she had ulterior motives.
    With Jessie it wasn't love so there was no romance there, lust for sure.

But this whole thing felt neither hot nor romantic.
    I was almost glad when Paul interrupted.

Unfortunately it did nothing of the sort for me.

Yeah at least allow the relationship to 'grow' and not just dive off the deep end.

Please not Carl and Darryl, no.

I can kind of see the hints and things, but then all of a sudden like they rushed it.
    It felt contrived, created or arranged in a way that seems artificial and unrealistic.
    So yeah, forced.

#106 8307c4, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  7. J K

J K Member

I knew they were hooking up immediately after seeing that first scene. Actually I got the impression that they've slept together before that night. They seemed pretty darn cozy with Michonne in her bath robe and their playful interaction with each other.

8. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

I had that inkling in the beginning too, but when the final scene happened, they definitely clarified it was the first time they were intimate in this way.

Again, it was so beautifully done, and I love that they did the scenes without having rehearsed a single kiss before rolling. What an amazing testament to the phenomenal chemistry between Danai and Andrew. To improvise such a passionate, close-up "romantic" scene - and with such long takes - would be impossible without off-camera compatibility. This is why it looked so real and not like people acting.

#108 AnnieOakley, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  9. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

Dania stated on The Talking Dead that it was the first time that they were intimate and that Michone has been staying in the down stairs bed room since they came to Alexandria. If you go back and watch that is the living situation.
    That got me thinking who lives with who?
    Glenn and Maggie obviously, it seems like Enid stays in a room at thier house.
    Tara and Denise.
    Arron and Eric
    Abraham and Rossita, Eugene probably has a room in thier house.
    I am pretty sure Daryl and Carol moved in next door to Rick when they first got to ASZ.
    Morgan as far away from Carol's house while still being in ASZ.

10. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

One of the biggest differences between the comics and the show has been banging. There are a lot of people having sex in the comics and not in the show until now. Also is most post apocalyptic stories there is a good deal of boning going on. I am happy that the show is finally letting it happen.

11. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I think Daryl lives with Rick since Michonne asked Rick were he was before they got busy on the couch.
    Eugene has to live with Abe and Rosita, or he can't peep
    I don't know that Enid is with Glenn and Maggie but I bet she will be soon, she was with Olivia.
    Morgan is probably sleeping behind a sturdy door somewhere with one eye open, looking for Carol
    Carol, I'm not sure, maybe still with Rick, or I could see her with Glenn and Maggie where there was more room.

12. creolecafe73

creolecafe73 New Member

It's only 2 houses.
    So 1. Rick, Michonne, Carl, Judith, Morgan, Carol, Daryl

2. Glenn, Maggie, Shasha, Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, Gabriel

* Tara with the doctor

13. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Lori and Jessie were weak asses, especially Lori. Lori additionally was neurotic and manipulative.

Michonne - logical, strong and loyal.

Out of the selection for both available, it's the most obvious match for both. Rick is an alpha-male and has no time for weak basic bitches, Michonne is a boss and the companionship has naturally evolved over time, there's real weight behind it unlike the situation with Jessie.

14. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Jessie was not a bad character and she was developing, it was a mix of inexperience and her children that brought her down. Her children are partly on her, partly on porch dick, but Jessie as is for the ZA was damaged goods. Those kids weren't going to shape up in the conditions that they have to live in(and both of them were extremely annoying).

I didn't find that connection natural & her kids were enough to turn anybody off.

15. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

#115 AnnieOakley, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  16. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

Oh GAWD that was SOOOOOO INCREDIBLE!!!!!

17. darkrosenberg

darkrosenberg Member

I say in the ZA get it while the gettin's good. You could die tomorrow. Maggie and Glenn had it right. Just hook it up. No one on this show is getting any younger just deader most of the time.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

That was my take too. We have a two-month time gap, and then the next scene is in the morning showing Michonne just come out of the shower in her bathrobe with her hair in a towel talking to Rick in his (their?) room, and they both were acting all family-like with Carl. That seems like a pretty settled relationship to me. Then at the END of the show they show the first time they have even held hands? It surprised me in that the opening scene made me think the show wanted it to seem like their relationship was a done deal, and at the end, it was shown that it wasn't even started yet. It seemed pretty clunkily done. If they would have put the couch scene in the beginning, and the toothpaste scene later, it would have felt more natural.

Oh, and one thing I had to chuckle about was Michonne on guard duty. Here she's shown to have just gotten out of the shower and is nice and clean, then she goes out and puts on the grungiest set of clothes she can find, including her sweat-stained headband! Who does that? Seriously, you're in Alexandria and have been safe for months, you must have more than one outfit.

19. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I believe the only reason Jessie wanted Rick (at the party) is because she wanted to get away from her abusive husband but didn't know how to go about it in a straight-forward manner, and when we stop and think about it in a way it did work... So even thou it looked like she was coming onto Rick in reality she was basically crying for help.

20. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Absolutely.

Then after her husband was gone she started coming out of her shell. Too late though with Alexandria's Wolf attack-Walker apocalypse.