Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"You'll Burn For This"

Discussion in 'Episode 502 - Strangers' started by Negan & Lucille, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Negan & Lucille

Why do you guys think this was written on the church? My guess is that Father Gabriel restricted access to his church to it's own members after the ZA.

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

3. Negan & Lucille

Exactly what I thought. Still don't think this is his only "sin".

4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

^^This.

5. HondaS2kXD

Well, not his ONLY one. But it's definitely the one that haunts him.

6. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

More likely get eaten for this, than burn.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Right. And the scratches on the window weren't very consistent with reality I don't think. If you're locked out of a house and frantically need to get in, you wouldn't scratch all over the paint near the window with your fingernails or a knife. You'd wedge the knife in the jam trying to pop the window out [or just break the glass if you got desperate enough, but then you're not as safe in there]. But if they had time to do all that scratching and carve notes like "you'll burn for this", then the walkers weren't right upon them. So who were these idiots wasting all their time trying to focus on one particular building, rather than moving along to something else when they realized they were locked out? I know people will say that they focused there specifically because it was a church, but then 'idiot' still applies, because if ever there is a time to get practical and real, its a ZA.

8. everittcj

everittcj Member

People do some stupid things when they are panicked. Maybe it was mass hysteria?lol... I would have been one of the first ones to run to the food bank...and I probably would have got bitten like Father Gabriels "girlfriend"

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I think Father Gabriel had a deal with Gareth: he'd stear people to Terminus in exchange for canned goods and protection from walkers. One of those people broke out of Terminus, and made it back to the church, where a panicked Gabriel refused to let him in. The crazed survivor realized Gabriel was helping Gareth, and carved that message on the church before the Termites came and dragged him back. Gabriel's conscience finally won out, and he cut all ties to Terminus. Gareth was getting plenty of victims by then, and left Gabriel alone.

10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If I saw ONE walker, even through a telescope...like 14 miles away, even if it was just a head with one arm attached, just inching along at a barely perceptible speed by continually flexing its fingers, so slow that a team of scientists would have to set up precision time lapse photography equipment to ascertain whether or not it was actually making any progress in the forward direction, it would probably still catch up to me. You'd see flashes of me tripping and falling and getting caught in a barbed wire fence, then dragging 50 feet of the fence behind me, and that fence gets caught on a bunch of dog houses, everything dragging, dogs barking, meanwhile we flash back to the head-and-arm walker, showing just the fingernail of its index finger slowly scraping the ground, then back to me, caught in some newly drying cement, then someone stops me and I have to fill out some survey regarding how much money i'm losing by not having windshield protection on my car insurance...meanwhile index finger straightens out slowly in preparation for a second scratch along the ground...and I'm at Kwik Fill stuck behind some old WW2 veteran who is paying for chewing tobacco with pennies...in the end...CHOMP!!! Its all over.

11. Sco

Sco Member

Gabriel is not tied to Terminus in any way.... Jeez ppl just love to make things up.

12. Old Snake

Old Snake Active Member

This is the potentially deeper reason. Just locking them out was my first guess, but it seems too simplistic. Would explain how he stayed safe for ages too.

13. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

14. Sixchr

Sixchr Member

There's the sense that everything has to be connected and I don't know why. I think it's been made pretty clear that the Termites, Gabriel, and the white cross folks that Beth is with are all separate from each other.

15. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

Nice to see them rolling around in some new wheels now!!

That Dodge wagon added a nice touch to those scenes.

16. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

It seems pretty unrealistic that this Father Gabriel has been surviving alone in his church all this time, being completely left alone by Gareth & Co who nevertheless came close enough to the church to clobber old Bob over the head....

That there might be white cross folks, that would be interesting...

I guess we will just have to wait until next Sunday

17. Sixchr

Sixchr Member

And sometimes you should just take things at face value.

18. HondaS2kXD

not really. Before carol destroyed terminus, the hunters weren't hunters. They were trappers. Their victims came to them. It's only now that they have no home that they are actively pursuing people.

19. gavuk

gavuk Member

Just a thought but if someone had time to etch "You'll burn for this" into the building then they clearly were not being persued at that time (by the living or the dead) they were just pi**ed that Gabriel had locked himself in (very selfishly or cause he was terrified....you decide) so why didn't they just get a truck/car and pull the doors off/open?

Its a largely wooden church for gawds sake.

Forum users are too quick to judge others for expression opinions. I love hearing what others think rather than gripes that its not following the comics. I've not read the comics and enjoy the show and the forum all the better for it (in my opinion)

20. Darylette

Darylette Member

yeah I agree. He's GOT to have come across people, it's absolutely impossible that he hasn't.