Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Young and Young at Heart - A TWDG Fanfic

Discussion in 'Zombie Fan Fiction' started by J. Gray Dingler, Apr 24, 2015.

1. J. Gray Dingler

J. Gray Dingler New Member

[​IMG]

Young and Young at Heart is a fanfic I wrote based on Telltale's Walking Dead Games. Specifically it's a page one rewrite of TWDG Season 2 inspired by discussions I had with many members of Telltale's message boards about a lot of missed opportunities and wasted characters we felt plagued the follow up to one of our favorite games.

In this story, nine year old Clementine is still grieving the loss of the people closest to her when whatever miniscule stability she has left in her life is ripped away and she's forced to endure even greater tortures and torments, but she also finds some small solace in befriending a kindly soul willing to suffer with her.

I wrote the story primarily as an alternative sequel to the first Walking Dead Game that uses bits and pieces from the actual sequel along with a lot of my own ideas and characters. Even if you haven't played the games you should be able to follow the story as the major plot points from the first game are mentioned in the first few chapters and I made an effort for this story not to require extensive knowledge about the source material.

I've posted the whole story on a few different places. Personally I recommend Archive of our Own to read it. In my opinion they have the cleanest interface and give people the option to download the entire story so they can read it offline. After that there's Fanfiction.net which has some nice features like flipping from black on white to white on black and resizing the text, there's also a few more references to the game in that version that might be confusing for someone who hasn't played it. It's also up on DeviantArt and Wattpad. Speaking of which, special thanks to Albaharu for making the cover art. =)

#1 J. Gray Dingler, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015