Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"Your property now belongs to Negan"

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by AtlantaOverrun, Dec 1, 2015.

1. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I loved everything about it, especially how it somehow told a great story despite that fact that like three-quarters of the movie was a car chase. When I came out of the theatre after all that engine noise and shooting and the Doof Warrior's guitar, I felt slightly hard of hearing for a few hours, but it was totally worth it.

2. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I thought it was pronounced that way too (neigh instead of knee).

3. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

If eg is sounded with long E , then Hershel could have said to gov : I beeg you dont take my peeg leeg.

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Reading the comics, I always assumed it was pronounced Knee-gan, but I don't know why. I suppose it would be logical to pronounce it the other way; it's like Megan/Meghan (Megg-an or Mee-gan).

But since then, I've watched tons of interviews with Kirkman, and he's always said it like Knee-gan.

I never knew it was an issue until last year when Kirkman addressed it in a Reddit AMA: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/20u6xf/im_robert_kirkman_creator_of_the_walking_dead_ama/

5. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I don't know. Saying Negan like "Megan" just seems weird to me. But maybe I'm just weird.

6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

True. Must be another way he mind f*cks his victims...forcing them to pronounce his name in an unnatural way, lol.

7. drifter77

drifter77 Member

8. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

All this talk of how Negan's name is pronounced reminds me of Inspector Clouseau... lol

<font color="#BBBBBB"><span style="font-family: Roboto">[video]https://youtu.be/OlTFCkTbSzs[/video]s

9. Zombie_Penguin

Seeing it like this, I was suddenly a lot more immediately worried about several characters!

10. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I thought the same.
    Neg-an
    'Neg' like Ne-gotiation
    'An' like an-alyze

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

In all honesty he is a really shitty villian for TV: He fits over the top comic if one like Marvel or DC Comics but he is so far beyond anything fiting into the TV-show. They did the governor right in the tv-show. Pretty much adopting the Governors brother from the books to the show as the Governor instead. But Negan now seems to be a over the top, Joker mets Two Face with a bunch of bikers from Mad Max.

12. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

That's because Rick will simply flick that big bad negan with the pinky finger, plink.
    Kind of like the wolves, lots of awe and expectation but once it boils right down to it...
    One episode, not even fifteen minutes, it's over.
    Well, twenty because of the commercials.
    And one or two left-overs that roam and moan around for a bit.
    plink

I mean I'm trying to prepare myself so I'm not like major disappointed like with the wolves, what a joke that was. The Termites were kinda badass but not really, granted they had to be dispatched fast or else.

The governor, that guy gave us a good, long run for the money. Out of all the badasses I like the governor the most, because he really had it in him. My favorite scene is when he got trapped in that warehouse while chasing Andrea, surrounded by a herd of walkers.
    And he made it out!
    LOL

There were a couple of other really good scenes, several really, lots over time, the governor was the one badass that just keeps on giving.

Now I hope if Negan's going to be anything bad, that we get some cliff-hanging suspense out of it.
    And more than 15 minutes worth, I mean a lot more...

But...
    We will have to wait, and see.

#32 8307c4, Dec 3, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yeah, Negan is actually the biggest threat they've ever faced. Just sayin'.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

They guy gets pushed over by a bunch of farmers and blacksmiths. Biggest threat? Nah. The Governor was smarter, better, stronger on every level. Negan is a push over megalomaniac with a degree insanity. That he could rally every biker gang in the mid West and East Coast in the US just makes it even more silly.

He is the biggest threat cause the plot demands one. But I still think the Governor was the strongest physically and the smartest and most manipulative. I even believe he would have kicked in the bucket on Gareth with equal manpower and resources in the long run.

#34 Marc, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  15. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

I don't know the comics that well, but I've learnt enough about Negan from spoilers and stuff on here. I'm hoping him and his 'I want yer mints from yer glove compartment' biker idiots aren't going to degenerate into a re-heated serving of Governor/Termites/claimers style baddies that get overcome by our heroes.

Or just become a stupider, more sadistic version of the Gov, with basically the same story-line and ending.

16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

That is the problem. He is a bit like the Governor but less calculating, twice the psycho and has bikers instead of old veterans and rugged men like Martinez. Governor got redeeming factors, comic book Negan got 0. Sure, he do not like rapers but that is about it. IF he gets the same treatment as the Governor, Sure, I could buy that but if he is the nutcase in the comics...well. He be Walking Deads own Nero.

17. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Did you ever listen to the band Ghoti Hook? Though they pronounced it Go-Tee, but obviously a play off of this understanding of phonics...

18. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Comic governor had redeeming qualities??? Like...

That redeeming factor?

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I've never heard of them, but will make a point to listen to a few of their songs this weekend. With a name like that they have to have some redeeming qualities!

20. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Was never a big fan, but they opened for a tour I went to (christian band, similar to MxPx)...My Bike was my favorite song by them, with a nice sound clip from Goonies to start, and a cover of "Walking on Sunshine" that was done well...otherwise, a lot of similar stuff to a ton of other green day wanna bes that were out in the mid 90s...