Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Zombie obstacle course?

Discussion in 'Episode 703 - The Cell' started by Mother dick, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Mother dick

Mother dick Member

So what is the point of that fence and area with all the chained walkers? And why are those two poor dudes running the course and tying up walkers and removing buckets from their heads? Are they working for the "points" mentioned earlier? Do the letters on their backs (F and S, I believe) mean anything?

2. jujulita

jujulita Member

Yeah, I didn't get it either.
    I still can't figure out wether they were trying to train the zombies or training the men to fend off zombies.

Is it in the comic? when Dwight gave Daryl the tracksuit I thought he was gonna shove him in there but then that didn't happen.

3. M3O

M3O Member

Also confused...

4. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Member

I didnt get it either...

5. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I thought they were putting them out like a zombie minefield and warning to outsiders. Negan said they were doing work for him so I assumed they were performing a function. I may be wrong.

6. LolaDemented

LolaDemented Active Member

I watched the episode again this morning and I still don't fully get it.

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Me too like a Moat around a Castle but the Zombies are the water!

Sort of like the FTWD "Wall" of the Dead designed to protect the place,you would need to get through the dead to get inside.

As Negan said,you can work for me or Die and work for me.

Plus it gives the slaves something to do.

8. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Yea that irritated me last night. Don't know why they were doing that. They should of explained it to us.

9. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

I thought the same - zombie minefield and as a warning to outsiders and his own people. Work for me, or die and work for me.

10. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I came to the forum hoping to find an explanation for that, glad I'm not the only one who didn't get it. :zombies_lol:

Actually, several things had me perplexed this episode.

11. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I have no idfea what that was either. Maybe a reminder of what will happen to you if you try to escape or disobey?

12. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if the intent of them putting the walkers out by the fence was merely for intimidation or if there is some strategic reason. I would imagine that if you saw a bunch of walkers surrounding some place from the distance it could also be camouflage. Place looks overrun so you just move on

*interesting note. Several people on this thread mention Negan saying "you work for me or you die and work for me." Eerily similar to the phrase by the governor "You kill and you live, or you die and you kill"

#12 bula412, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
  13. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

As others have said, the walkers act as a moat - preventing outsiders from sneaking into the complex unnoticed. This helps by leaving the only way inside be the heavily guarded door. It probably helps also by sending a message to everyone. Don't mess with us, we have a walker moat. Spooky!

As for the people, I'm assuming they are at the bottom of the totem poll, so they get one of the worst jobs. When someone falls out of Negan's grace, they die - but they must still serve Negan. They do so as a walker. The freshly undead get a bucket (probably makes 'em much easier to move into place), and the people must tie up the walker to the wall, remove the bucket, and get the heck out of there.

The letters? No idea. Best guess is it's an easy way to keep track of them without bothering to learn their names. I dunno.

14. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

These are the zombies they use for roadbloacks, detours etc. I'm sure to scare potential newcomers as well. I Wouldn't be surprised to see Daryl in there by mid season. I hope he goes into "Glenn mode" and uses a radius & ulna bone to fight his way out.

15. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

They could all be prisoners and the Letter represents which cell they are kept in

16. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Why was dwight staring at a walker with the pole through him for 2 minutes in the beginning of the episode? Seemed like an awful lot of screen time for a random walker.

17. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

At the end of the show we saw the man Dwight had shot earlier as a walker behind the fence. Maybe they know all of those people behind the fence? In another post someone brought up the idea that in the preview Dwight was staring at that walker so intently because he knew them. Possibly Sherry's sister?

I'm still not quite sure what the men were doing with the buckets and chains though lol

18. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

I think because the walker kind of looked like himself, and it was caught in a "kneeling" loop. Dwight was flashing back to when he had to kneel for Negan.

19. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

It was a security mechanism. What better to protect you from outsiders - than a wall of zombies.