When you parachute onto the tropical island this week, you might notice something that shouldn’t be possible in the climate: snowmen. Why are there snowmen populating Fortnite, and what are their plans?
When the Sneaky Snowman feature is activated, hitting Secondary Fire will encase you in a snowman disguise. Won’t you kind of stick out? In ordinary circumstances, but the genius behind this update is that decoy Sneaky Snowmen can be placed around the area with Primary Fire. Your competitors won’t know which one contains an actual person…until you surprise them.
What if they choose the right target first? Disappointing, but survivable….the Sneaky Snowman acts as a shield with 100 Health, so you should be able to get away, and become a snowperson another day. While you can move in the snowman (though it’s not tactically advised), you cannot build or use items while wearing the disguise.
Fortnite’s latest patch is full of other wintry goodness as well. Check out the Epic’s full list of notes below the video.
Weapons and Items
- Use Primary Fire to throw a projectile that creates a destructible snowman.
- Use Secondary Fire to wear the Sneaky Snowman.
- Sneaky Snowman has 100 Health and acts as a shield when worn by a player.
- Sneaky Snowman is destroyed when its Health reaches zero or when the player wearing the snowman swaps to a different item or building mode.
- This means that a player wearing a Sneaky Snowman cannot build or use other items. Movement of all types is allowed.
- Available in Common variant.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, and Supply Llamas.
- Drops in stacks of 5.
- Max stack size of 10.
Swapped the drop chance of Shield Potions and Small Shield Potions
- Reduced drop chance from Floor Loot from 16.53% to 13.22%.
- Reduced drop chance from Chests from 14.26% to 9.51%.
Small Shield Potion
- Increased drop chance from Floor Loot from 13.22% to 16.53%.
- Increased drop chance from Chests from 9.51% to 14.26%.
Vaulted the following items
- Quad Rocket Launcher
Reduced the Drop chance of Gliders
- Reduced drop chance from Chests from 11.89% to 4.43%.
Reduced the drop chance of Balloons.
- Reduced drop chance from Chests from 7.58% to 3.24%.
Reduced the spawn chance of Quad Crashers from 100% to 50%.
Reduced the spawn chance of X-4 Stormwings from 80% to 50%.
Limited Time Mode: Sniper Shootout
- Suppressed Sniper Rifles have been added.
- Legendary Scoped Pistols have been added to Supply Drops.
- Floor Loot spawners reduced by 50%
- Reviving “Down But Not Out” teammates in Duos & Squads is deactivated – be careful peeking!
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode
Fixed an issue where building would cause a major drop in FPS.
Added addition dates for the Explorer Pop-Up Cup.
Updated additional materials gained on elimination to now drop with the eliminated player, rather than being granted immediately.